What are travel credit cards and how are they different ?
Travel credit cards offer massive discounts in ticket booking, reward point that can be redeemed in further ticket bookings and free access to lounges. These cards are different from the usual credit cards as they offer attractive offers on travels across India some even offer on international travels as well.
Which are some of the best travel credit cards?
Every bank has its own travel card offering you various discounts and credit limits. You need to choose the best that fits your needs. Some of the well-known cards are :
- American Express Platinum Travel – With the annual fees of 3500 for the first year and 5000 from second year onwards, this card offers rewards points, access to lounges, Taj gift voucher worth Rs. 10,000, 10,000 milestone points on spending 4 lakhs and more and much more and no liability over a lost card.
- YES preferred credit card – With the annual and renewal affordable fee of 2500, this card offers access to domestic and international lounges, 20,000 milestone points on spending Rs. 7.5 lakhs, 15,000 points as a welcome gift. There are additional benefits offering medical cover and accidental coverage, etc.
- HDFC Diners Club Black – With the annual fee of 10,000 for the first year followed by 5000 from second year onwards, this card offers unlimited access to airport lounges worldwide. You get 10,000 points as welcome gift followed by 5000 on every renewal. It offers additional benefits of travel insurance cover, accidental and medical coverage.
- SBI Elite credit card – With an annual fee of 5000, it gives limited access to international and domestic lounges and several points on every purchase on grocery or departmental stores. It also includes your international spends. You get milestone benefits of 10,000 and 15,000 on spending above 3 lakhs and 5 lakhs.
- CITI Premier Miles credit card – With the annual fee of Rs. 3000, this card offers welcome gifts of 10,000 miles and 3,000 miles on renewal. You also get the lost card coverage and discount on food bills od some of the participating restaurants.
- SBI Air India Signature – This card is suitable for you if you are a frequent traveler with Air India. You can earn reward points with every booking you make with Air India. It has an annual fee of Rs. 5000 with 20,000 reward points on the first year and 5000 points on renewal from the second year.
- Axis bank privilege – With an annual fee of 1500, this card offers Yatra voucher worth 5000 on the spending of 2.5 lakhs and access to domestic lounges, a discount of selected dining restaurants and fuel coverage.
- ICICI Sapphiro – With an annual fee of 6500 and a renewal fee of 3500, this card offers welcome gift vouchers of up to 10,000. There are several other benefits offered.
- SBI IRCTC credit card – If you have a lot of rail travel, this card can help you with a discount of 10 % and high reward value if you choose to travel in AC classes. This card has an annual fee of 500 and a renewal of 300. There are additional benefits also.
Read More: Credit Card- Myths and Facts
*The above mentioned might change in case the bank has revised or added some of the features. To avail the offers, ask the bank for the upgraded benefits and offers and grab the best deals with all the benefits.