The times have reached where we are not missing any chance to climb the ladder of advancement and technology in our lives. An individual always gets a reward for hard work but an individual is always recognized and remembered for smart work. That’s what we are putting ourselves into. Our government is leaving no stone unturned in order to make the facilities available to people. We should equally contribute to make these initiatives a huge success and grow as a nation.
USSD Payments is one such initiative in the payments sector to make people’s life easy. There is no more need to visit banks on a regular basis in order to get the smallest banking related service. You have your phones to carry out banking. Dial *99# and avail the services on phone. It doesn’t have to be a smartphone with the internet necessarily. Such initiatives have been taken to reach the common man and encourage everyone to use the banking facility that is approachable. The service is available in many languages. The user can choose the language he/she feels comfortable in. There are different codes for different languages. The user must add the code in front of *99# to get the information in the desired language.
The number *99# is a common number across all telecom service providers. Dial the USSD number for your assistance and carry out transactions through an interactive menu displayed on your mobile screen.
Features and Benefits of USSD
- Works on a basic phone
- Round the clock service
- Easy and accessible
- Secure interface with a limited credential requirement
- Multilingual service
- Faster transactions
- Service anytime anywhere
|Interbank fund Transfer||Balance Enquiry||Mini Statement|
|Know MMID||Change M PIN||Generate OTP|
Process of using USSD
- Open a new account by providing know your customer (KYC) information.
- Ensure that the mobile number is linked to your account.
- Register for mobile banking/USSD.
- Get Mobile money identifier (MMID)
- Get Mobile PIN (MPIN)
The requirement for carrying out USSD transaction
- USSD number, *99#
- Registered mobile number with any phone basic or smart
- Self-service mode
Process of carrying out a transaction
The transaction can be carried out in two ways, one can be using the MMID and mobile number, and the other way using the IFSC code and bank account number. Refer to the steps given below to understand the two payment processes.
To make payments using MMID and mobile number:
- Register the mobile number with the bank account and dial *99#. Select your preferred language.
- Type 3 letters of your bank short name or 2-digit bank numeric code or first 4 letters of bank IFSC, on the in interface opened, and click ‘send’ to proceed.
- Now choose the option to send money and proceed key in the beneficiary’s mobile number.
- Enter the beneficiary’s MMID and transaction amount.
- Enter the MPIN and last 4 digits of your account number.
- The process is completed.
To make payments using IFSC code and bank account number:
- Dial *99# from the mobile number linked with your bank account.
- Select your preferred language and enter the first three letters of your bank short name or first four digits of IFSC code or bank’s numeric code and click ‘send’ to proceed.
- Select the option to transfer funds using IFSC code and mobile number.
- Enter the beneficiary’s account number, IFSC code, and transaction amount.
- Enter MPIN and the last four digits of your account number. A successful transaction message will be displayed on the screen.
The fund transfer is limited to 5000 a day and 50,000 a year.
USSD Payments has been designed to make the people all banked and avail services. It is our responsibility to support such initiatives and use the services actively in order to fulfill the purpose of its launch. Not doing so would defeat the purpose and not make the nation all-inclusive that would hinder the growth of the weaker section of society.